Saturday 5 July 2014

It’s official, I’m a runner once more!

In my last post, I mentioned that I was doing 5/5 run/walk intervals.  I have since graduated to 10/1 intervals, which is what I did when I trained for the half-marathons I did with Team in Training.  I am, in fact, in my fourth week of training with he run team.  You can follow my training on my RunKeeper page (registration required), should you so please.


If you do take a gander at my RunKeeper page, one thing you might notice is that I’ve got some catching up to do compared to the level I was at in 2012.  To give you an idea of what I mean, here are two versions of  my “Personal Records” summary from RunKeeper, one that covers 2011 to 2014 and another that covers the last three months.




Take a look at my best average pace.  Consider that the month of May of this year is when I was still doing run/walk intervals of 5 min/5 min without any hill training.  The average pace for this morning’s run was 8:30 min/km.  Is it my cardio that still hasn’t bounced back?  Is it the beta-blocker I’m taking to prevent migraines that’s making me slower?  Is it the heat?  All of the above?  All I know for sure is that I’ll keep hammering away at the pavement and see what I can achieve by race day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment